Posts Tagged ‘exhibition’
One of my pictures is in this fun exhibition – come check it out?
Art On The Wall presents
“WISH YOU WERE HERE!”
The Wall presents a show of imagined trips and travels! We’ve asked photographers to contribute a happy snap from their previous holidays, and then sent the images on to writers. The writers treated the images as postcards, and wrote out their fantasy trips from these exotic and unexplained locations. On Wednesday Oct the 26th, we’re displaying the results.
feat. photography from
Cybele Malinowski, Pat Stevenson, Maja Baska, Nat Connolly, Jacquie Manning, Will Reichelt, Lucy Rimmer, Sarah Gleeson, Lydia Dowman, James Robinson, Annette Geneva
and writing from
Pip Smith, Sam Twyford Moore, Zoe Norton Lodge, Jason Childs, Harry Wynter, Bethany Small, Lee Tran Lam, Angela Bennetts, Steph Harmon, Amelia Schmidt, Rosanna Stevens + more…
The opening night of Stealing the Setlist was a success far beyond anything I had expected – the turnout was overwhelming. A big thanks to everyone who came along and bought a print, a book or some postcards – your support for FBi 94.5FM is much appreciated.
An especially massive thanks to:
- Mel Nahas at MART Gallery.
- Julia Thomas, Erin Flanagan, Caroline Gates, Anna Burns and all the other stellar people at FBi 94.5FM for the amazing support and promotion.
- The sickeningly-talented Chris Deal for not only providing the slick flyer and book cover designs, helping me to hang the pictures, but also rocking the beer/merch stand all evening – outstanding!
- The lovely Lee Tran Lam for the photo blurbs and press release.
- Lena Balout & Terry Barridge at Creative Soldier for the best-looking photographic prints and beautiful glossy postcards I could ever have hoped for.
- Garry Trinh from Blurb, for getting the book printed in record time, and getting the word out to the local media in the lead-up to the launch.
- Lew Palaitis from Hardware Gallery for the immaculate framing.
- Singha Beer for getting everyone liquored up.
I’m also extremely grateful to the following people, media outlets & websites for their support:
- Alternative Media Group
- Australian INFront
- Popcorn Taxi
- The Blackmail…
- The Indie Girls’ Guide To…
- The Vine
- Two Thousand
- Urban Walkabout
Lastly, a big thank you to all the bands featured in the photographs – love you all.
Here’s a few photos from the night.
[Photos by Nik Thorup]
[Photos by Ashley Mar]
As Stealing the Setlist draws closer, it’s time for a shameless cross-promotional plug!
In conjunction with the show, I’m selling a Blurb photo book that includes all the exhibited photographs, plus a whole bunch of extra ones from the gigs & shoots they came from. As with the show prints, all profits from the sale of the book are going to support FBi 94.5FM.
I have 10 copies that I’ll be selling down at the show, but you can also buy it online from Blurb. Check it out here!
I’m pretty chuffed to announce that I’m putting on my first ever exhibition of photographs at MART Gallery (156 Commonwealth Street, Surry Hills) from Friday July 23rd – Thursday July 29th.
Stealing the Setlist features all-Australian bands – most of the photos are from the live shows that I’ve shot over the last few years, and there’s also a few other pictures I’ve taken of local musicians out and about. Artists featured include Dappled Cities, Tame Impala, Pnau, Midnight Juggernauts, Cut Copy, The Presets, Bridezilla and more.
The show is an FBi 94.5FM fundraiser – all works including prints, catalogues and postcards will be for sale, with all profits going to the station.
There’ll be opening night shenanigans on Thursday 22nd July, 530pm – 830pm.
Hope to see you there!