The opening night of Stealing the Setlist was a success far beyond anything I had expected – the turnout was overwhelming. A big thanks to everyone who came along and bought a print, a book or some postcards – your support for FBi 94.5FM is much appreciated.
An especially massive thanks to:
- Mel Nahas at MART Gallery.
- Julia Thomas, Erin Flanagan, Caroline Gates, Anna Burns and all the other stellar people at FBi 94.5FM for the amazing support and promotion.
- The sickeningly-talented Chris Deal for not only providing the slick flyer and book cover designs, helping me to hang the pictures, but also rocking the beer/merch stand all evening – outstanding!
- The lovely Lee Tran Lam for the photo blurbs and press release.
- Lena Balout & Terry Barridge at Creative Soldier for the best-looking photographic prints and beautiful glossy postcards I could ever have hoped for.
- Garry Trinh from Blurb, for getting the book printed in record time, and getting the word out to the local media in the lead-up to the launch.
- Lew Palaitis from Hardware Gallery for the immaculate framing.
- Singha Beer for getting everyone liquored up.
I’m also extremely grateful to the following people, media outlets & websites for their support:
- Alternative Media Group
- Australian INFront
- Popcorn Taxi
- The Blackmail…
- The Indie Girls’ Guide To…
- The Vine
- Two Thousand
- Urban Walkabout
Lastly, a big thank you to all the bands featured in the photographs – love you all.
Here’s a few photos from the night.
[Photos by Nik Thorup]
[Photos by Ashley Mar]